Income Companion is the only software on the planet that is designed for the sole purpose of managing your household income. All aspects of your day-to-day money are included.
The program is organized into functional pages equating to each part of your everyday money as illustrated above and below. Your Incredibly Cool Budget is maintained by the program to give you a clear picture of how you plan to spend your money over the next twelve months. In addition, there are pages you use to measure your progress toward your financial goals by tracking your net worth and debt-to-income ratio.
During your startup process, the program remains inactive. There is no pressure to finish your startup quickly. Doing the startup steps typically only takes a couple of hours. You have a generous 60-day free trial period to complete your startup and to get comfortable with the program.
initially using Income Companion, there are seven startup steps. First,
collect all of your money information. Then you can pay bills using the
- Decide which checking account (cash reservoir) you will be managing with the program.
- Optionally, set up the default budget space for your cash reservoir.
- Add all of the income streams that you will be depositing into your cash reservoir.
- Add all of the bills that you will be paying from your cash reservoir.
- Add all of the credit cards that you will be paying from your cash reservoir.
- Choose the weekday and amount for your weekly allowance and set up your allowance.
- On a day you choose, pay bills using the program.
- Calculate and give yourself a one-time “startup” allowance.
- Enter an “Other” deposit to initialize the balance of the Cushion ledger to agree with the balance in your cash reservoir.
- Add all new charging activity for all credit cards.
- Schedule credit card payments.
- Pay bills
After paying bills the first time with Income Companion, the program “goes live.” You begin using the software full time to manage the money in your cash reservoir.